The stocks and share market have seen a drastic transition in the last year and have grown multiple times. This growth is reflected in the new peaks it has achieved, surpassing an unprecedented market value of over 4 trillion dollars. India has been positioned as the fifth-largest equity market which is considered a significant milestone as the growth has been phenomenal. While the advancement was observed in all sectors, the stock market news practically shocked everyone. Hitting all-time highs, the stocks have progressed almost 13 per cent this year. The investments from foreign investors have reached a remarkable 15 billion dollars which is evidence of the faith investors have shown in the Indian economy.
Let us have an overview of the progression the stock market has displayed in various sectors and forms:
- Astronomical Growth: Among the major economies of the world, the Indian economy exhibited an outstanding growth rate of 7 per cent driven by a strong domestic consumer demand along with initiatives taken by the government to boost the market. This development has largely been due to a growth-oriented approach promoted by the government in all sectors.
- Push for Made in India: The manufacturing push given by the government by promoting programmes such as ‘Vocal for local’ and other incentive plans linked to production has given a great push to the manufacturing sector. The investments have seen a splurge with growth across all sectors, propelling the economy to new heights.
- Consolidation at Fiscal Level: the government has focused on various sectors for higher production based on higher demand along with exercising fiscal prudence. It promises to bring the fiscal deficit below 4.5 per cent by the next fiscal year. Since long-term deficits can be detrimental to the economy’s growth, it is advisable to keep it at a manageable level.
- Global Headwinds: Although there have been several challenges worldwide – the Ukraine war, a slowdown in global trade and an enormous increase in interest rates, the Indian economy has seen a boost in investments supported by a growing demand. It reflects the trust and confidence of the investors in the market. Even these adverse conditions could not affect the noteworthy progress that the Indian economy has indicated.
- Expansion in the Economy: The Reserve Bank of India has predicted an expansion of approximately 7 per cent in the current fiscal year. This is a growth of around 0.5 per cent due to stronger signs of a mounting demand and supply cycle. This expansion has specifically been observed in the third quarter of the current year.
Indian share bazaar has grown impressively and unusually this year. The change of pace in economic growth has contributed incredibly to bringing notable gains to almost all the stocks. The enhancement in investment has given a strategic boost to the foreign investor interest. Indian stock markets have immense scope and impact on the world markets. Although the challenges remain, the Indian government has laid emphasis on the critical areas, thereby offering a roadmap to succeed in a vibrant and equitable manner. Keeping this growth and development factors in mind, it is time to take a giant leap and move towards success and growth by following the investment and share market trends.