Let’s look at a two-week vacation using any city in the USA. If you have a budget vacation, ideally you should calculate and think about in advance to keep within the specified amount and not to spend too much. For example, New York City is one of the most touristy cities in the world, it is quite expensive, but that does not mean that there is nothing for free. In the article below we will tell you how to spend not more than $300 for a vacation for 2 weeks.
If you are traveling in America, it does not matter what city to choose, NYC, LA, San Diego or Detroit cars rental service you need for your comfortable and indispensable trip by car. Use Detroit exotic car rental to explore the city with maximum comfort.
Never mind where you arrive at, Florida or Detroit airport car rental companies will give you the best service in traveling by rental vehicle.
A budget trip
If you initially took care of your accommodation in New York, $300 would be enough for you as a budget tourist. This amount is enough to eat a slice of pizza and drink coffee from McDonald’s. You can even afford happy hours beer and oysters! And this is no joke.
- A slice of pizza in New York City. Why buy a whole pizza when you can buy a slice? 2 Bros Pizza or 99¢ Fresh Pizza will sell it to you for only $0.99!
- Small coffee at McDonald’s. A small cup (12 American fluid ounces or about 350 ml) of premium roasted coffee at McDonald’s costs exactly $1.
- A glass of happy hour beer. If you know where to go, you can have a beer for a dollar at least every day! Look for happy hour beer in NY!
- Oysters. There are plenty of places in New York City where you can get oysters for just a dollar, all you have to do is be there at the right time. Try happy hours oysters at The Wayland or The Mermaid Inn.
- Small dessert at Wendy’s. A small portion (about 227g) of a classic, chocolate or vanilla cold dessert at Wendy’s costs just $0.99. You can also get a kid’s cheeseburger, a crispy chicken sandwich or a portion of nuggets (4 pieces) for the same money.
How to live on 100 dollars?
The best economy for the budget is to fill the fridge for a week with the minimum necessary foodstuffs. So, calculating the weekly food supply, you should know that in the U.S. the measurement system is in pounds, i.e. about 450 grams. So, in terms of prices:
- Pork knuckle (2 pounds – $6);
- Mushrooms (1 pound – $4);
- Vegetables (3 pounds – $3);
- Fruit (5 lbs – $2.50);
- 5 bananas – $1.
There is free entertainment in New York City, but it’s important to know where to find it. New York is an expensive city, so my tips will help you save money. Also, many of the activities are very interesting and informative. For example, go to a yoga park or take a ride on the Roosevelt Island Cable Car.
Pool at Brooklyn Bridge Park in NYC
Every summer, starting in June, a temporary pool opens in the park (between Pier 1 and Pier 2). Here you can swim, sunbathe or just relax.
The New York Public Library
The NYC Public Library is located in an imposing building on the corner of Fifth Avenue and 42nd Street. In addition to visiting the library, you can use the free Internet and computers here. And if you want to read something – go ahead!
High Line Park in NYC
New York City’s elongated High Line Park is located on a railroad overpass in midtown Manhattan. The park stretches from the Meatpacking District to Hudson Yards. It is visited by millions of people each year. It is a good location for spending time for free.
Brooklyn Bridge Park in New York City
It is located along the shoreline, under the Brooklyn Bridge. It has an area of 34 hectares. In addition to beautiful gardens, walking paths, and rolling hills, it offers unique panoramic views of Manhattan.
The Brooklyn Bridge is the first bridge to use steel cables. It took 14 years to build and was opened in May 1883. One of the well-known locations you have to visit for free.
Central Park in New York City
Central Park is a large park in downtown Manhattan. It stretches from 59th Street to 110th Street. The famous location we see in the american movies.